In today’s world, almost anything is possible with just a little preparation and planning. Reading handy free-of-charge PDF books from PDF Drive can be handy for learning various things. A career once reserved for celebrities and the ultra-rich has now become accessible to everyday individuals willing to invest their time, energy, and resources into this new opportunity. If you love exotic cars and are interested in working in the field as either a career option or a side business venture, you may wonder how you can drive an exotic car and get paid. But what exactly does it mean to “drive an exotic car”? Driving something like an Aston Martin V8 or a Lamborghini Huracan would fall under the category of “exotic’ cars. Many people love them; almost anyone can afford them, but not everyone has one. If you want to become one privileged few who can say they drive an exotic car regularly, read on for everything you need to know about getting paid to drive exotic cars as a job or business venture.
What Is an Exotic Car?
Exotic cars are a subset of the luxury car market considered “supercars.” Supercars are typically very expensive, high-performance, low-volume production vehicles to compete at the highest end of the market. Some examples include the Ferrari 458 Italia, Lamborghini Aventador, Aston Martin V8, Porsche 911 Turbo, and Mercedes-Benz SLS. Exotic cars come with a price tag of at least $50,000. They’re not exclusive to just one specific country. They are associated with the most elite members of society.
Exotic cars are often compared with and considered the equivalent of luxury sports cars, generally in the $30,000 to $50,000 price range. When most people see the word exotic, they think of something wild, out of this world, and completely unattainable. Many exotic cars people drive today aren’t that far from ordinary. All the famous and expensive cars from the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s are considered “exotic’ in the present due to their rarity. Celebrities and other people with a high income own and drive exotic cars. For many people, a dream job would be to get paid to maneuver and work with these expensive cars.
Can You Get Paid to Drive Exotic Cars?
It may sound too good, but you can get paid to drive exotic cars. If you’re wondering how much you can make as a supercar driver, the amount paid will depend on your location, experience, and the exotic car you’re driving. Supercar companies are always looking for drivers willing to maneuver expensive vehicles for clients. In most cases, supercar drivers are paid by the hour. Some drivers get paid by the mile, but that can be more difficult to track. Of course, if you’re looking for a way to make extra cash on the side, you’ll want to drive for companies that pay by the hour. You can make a lot of money driving exotic cars, but you should prepare to invest a lot of time and resources into earning that income.
How to Drive an Exotic Car and Still Get Paid
If you want to drive an exotic car but aren’t currently employed by another company, you should find a way to network with the right people who can connect you with exotic car owners in your area. Here are some steps you can take to get started:
- Shop around for exotic cars to rent. Supercar rental services are a great way to get introduced to the world of supercar driving. You’ll have to pay a fee upfront, but you’ll save dollars on gas, maintenance, and insurance.
- Keep track of your miles. Most insurance policies for exotic car rentals include a maximum number of miles. If you go over your allotted miles, there’s a good chance that you’ll have to pay out of pocket for it.
- Hire an exotic car chauffeur. You can hire a chauffeur to drive the car to ensure you don’t exceed the miles on your insurance policy. Costs vary depending on the location of your exotic car, so be sure to do your research before booking.
Requirements for Driving and Getting Paid
You don’t have to be a race car driver to drive exotic cars. Be extremely cautious and only work with those qualified to maneuver them. May companies are careful of the individuals they hire to drive supercars, as supercars cost much.
- You must be over 18. While there are some exceptions, most exotic car rental companies require you to be at least 18 years old. It assures them that you are mature enough to be responsible for the job.
- You must have a clean driving record. Most insurance providers check your driving record before issuing a new policy. If you’ve ever had a major violation, such as a DUI, you could be denied coverage.
- You should be financially solvent. Since you’ll be driving a high-profile vehicle, the company that hired you will likely run a financial background check to ensure you’re not a risk. You may struggle to get approved if you have bad credit or outstanding debt.
- You must be able to lift heavy objects. Exotic cars are usually large, and some have low ground clearance. You’ll need to be able to lift heavy things, such as suitcases or passengers, without putting yourself in danger.
If you love driving exotic cars but have never considered getting paid to do it, you should consider contacting the owners of supercar companies to see if there is any way you can make this dream a reality. If you love exotic cars and want to earn extra cash, becoming a part-time exotic car driver is a great option. You don’t necessarily need to get a job driving exotic cars to make money, either. You can also sell your car to a company that specializes in buying supercars and making a profit or try your hand at becoming a car broker in your spare time. No matter how you decide to start building your exotic car driving career, the possibilities are endless. To learn more about supercars, visit PDF Drive.